Kaziranga National Park Travel Information
Kaziranga national park is situated in Assam lying partly in the Golaghat and Nagaon districts of Assam. It is one of the most popular wildlife reserves of the country and is listed amongst the five natural world heritage sites of India. The park’s popularity has been on rising always as it is home to rare and endangered Indian one-horned Rhinos and numerous others out of the ordinary species of mammals.
The park has been recognized as an upkeep framed area for the plentiful colorful terrestrial, aquatic as well as aerial species including one-horned Rhinos. The major part of the area is remarked as an important birding area (IBA) for the conservation of an avifaunal area. Civet cats, Hoolock Gibbons, Swamp Deer, and Tigers, etc are rarest species found in the park. The carpet of deciduous forest covers the whole area of the park creating a pinch of scenic exquisiteness all over the park. Let us have a look at the geographical distance of Kaziranga National Park from major cities of the country underneath-
Distance Chart from Major Indian Cities:-
- Guwahati: 230 Kilometers
- Kolkata: 704 Kilometers
- Delhi: 1620 Kilometers
- Banglore: 2270 Kilometers
- Mumbai: 2292 Kilometers
Travel Guidelines/ Important Information:-
- The park is segregated into four zones i.e. Central, Western, Eastern, and Ghorakati range but only three routes are open for visitors.
- All the official procedure are accomplished at the main entry gate (Kohora, Bagori, and Agaratoli )
- Kohora, Bagori, and Agaratol have the entry spots for the elephant and Jeep safari organized in Morning and Afternoon.
- The entry charges of the park are Rs. 50/- for an Individual with Indian origin. Whereas the entry fee for foreigners is Rs. 500/- per person.
- The forest department is shouldered with the responsibility of safari in the region.
- The timing of Morning Jeep Safari is 07:00 AM to 09:30 AM. The time slot for the Afternoon Jeep safari is scheduled from 01:30 PM to 03:30 PM.
- The timing of the park is 07:30 AM to 04 PM.